Monday 6 June 2011

To be a Korean Movie star

First off, I would like to propose that it is entirely possible that I may, in the near future, become a famous Korean movie star. With the right attitude and understanding we are powerful beyond measure. The only problem is that, I'm not really sure I possess the right attitude, or am totally understanding in all given situations. However, I am a firm believer that everything thrown to us in life is an important learning curve for our spiritual growth.
This blog is the reflections from a Straight, White, Taurean, Earth dragon, NZ middle class, Female from Havelock North who really doesn't know much about anything. I have been extremely fortunate to have been handed a loving family in a stable environment, with equally as lovely friends in life. So this Blog will be of my experiences through my eyes and understanding of what I encounter as a person with all of my labels listed above. Although my many faults may warp what I see or understand to share with you, I hope I can bring some interesting reflections or information of my future experience Teaching English in South Korea!

Tomorrow, I visit the Korean Embassy for the second time to receive my passport back. My flights are booked for 17th June which is a little way from now, and a little longer than I was expecting to wait.
The entire process is quite an easy one thanks to NZIE in Auckland. They hold a 1 month course, they set you up with a suitable school in South Korea and are in contact with you every step of the way.
I have signed a contract with SISA LAnguage School in Pocheon-city (which I liked immediately because of the cute name!) although there were some queries about some of the wording in the contract which needed ammendments. Easily fixed. I later receive an email from Geoff saying I have been given a 2 bedroom apartment and privates ( private tutoring opportunities) for my stay there! :)
The rest is just waiting for the process to carry out and whilst that is happening, I have been saying my goodbyes to family and friends and visiting the places I love the most around Hawkes Bay, and realistically, even more time is consumed from imagining myself as a future Korean movie star.*
Love you long time xx

No comments:

Post a Comment